The badass costume’s a start. Now how about a badass franchise?
5 Superheroes Who Should’ve Gotten Movies Before Ant-Man
Okay I was expecting a good article here to begin with but then it turned out all five of them are women and EVERYONE GO READ THIS ARTICLE RIGHT NOW
I’m reblogging this for the Wonder Woman image as well as the fact that the list from cracked names promiant female characters who deserve a movie.
But honestly…There is a lot in that Cracked article I find stupid and narrowminded. I won’t go through everything but off the top of my head:
1. Wolverine boils to down to just “a white guy with knives”. Yeah fuck that whole “control the animal within” thing about him. Fuck that whole search for his identity thing. Screw the wandering lone wolf samurai who finds a family thing about him. He’s just a white guy with knives right?
2. Yes, it’s completely stupid and disingenuous to give Wolverine a spin-off movie. It’s not like he’s the single most successful Marvel character to ever be given a spin-off in the comics right? It’s not like he was/is Marvel’s second most popular character ever with decades of stories to draw from and has had his own solo-series on and off since the 1980s which a lot of Marvel spin-off characters can’t lay claim to. I mean giving HIM a spin-off made no fucking sense right. Not from a financial point of view not from a creative point of view. No he didn’t deserve a movie right?
3. Yeah let’s criticise super hero movies for having action. Let’s criticise Batman for punching people because he’s a super genius. Because as we all know Oracle NEVER enganged in action scenes or beat people up right? Not when she was Batgirl not when she was wheelchairbound. Never.
4. Yup. ALL superhero movies are basically Rocky. What idiocy is this?
5. “Keeping these inhuman ass-kickers interesting has become a serious problem” No it hasn’t because not only do they rake in the cash but me, my friends and many other fans and comic book virgins I know have been interested in these characters not only throughout the years but in recent years as well. In the past year I’ve seen Thor 2, Spider-Man, X-Men and Captain America ad been interested and entertained by literally all of them so what you really mean is “super heroes have become less interesting to ME”
6. “Superman represents shiny justice” No Superman represents hope. He is an alien Moses/Jesus.
7. “Batman represents dark vengeance” No Batman represents justice. That was literally the entire point of that scene in Batman Begins where Bruce Wayne refuses to execute that guy on Ras Al Ghul’s orders and the reason why he threw away the gun he intended to use to kill Joe Chill. The idea that Batman represents vengeance is a misunderstanding of the character if you’re not paying attention. The same way people say Spider-Man is about bad luck or being young instead of, you know responsibility.